Yes, you can manage your own group but to do so you will need to receive “group admin rights” which can be granted by either the membership team or another group administrator.
Once you are a group admin, you can make changes in the settings of your group. These can be found by clicking on the ellipsis (...) box. See image for clarification.
The settings of the group include a name, a description, a thumbnail and a banner. Furthermore, you will find a special field for the privacy settings of the group to indicate whether the group is open or private (IWA members only).
On the right hand side, you will find a column with the available group features. These are:
- Timeline – a specific tab/page to display group messages
- Agenda – an agenda for your group’s events
- Documents – to enable your group members to upload and view documents in the group
- Group pages – to create additional group tabs/pages for important static information
- Group chat – to enable members to start chatting with other group members
- Applications – to display other available applications
Once you have made all your changes you can save the changes by clicking the blue “save” button.
If the group is no longer required, you can delete your group by clicking on the red “delete” button at the bottom of the page.
Apart from these settings, groups have other “admin tools” available which can be found by clicking on the ellipses (…) box. See image for clarification.
These admin tools include:
- Add a welcome message – this message will be displayed at the top of the group timeline. Members can independently dismiss it after having read. Once the message has been deleted, the only way to see it again is by leaving the group and re-joining the group.
- Add an invitation text for email sent to new IWA Connect users – this tool allows you to create the message group members receive when they are invited to IWA Connect through your group.
- Add an invitation text for email sent to new group members – this allows you to create the message group members receive when they are invited to join your group.
- Add a banner widget – this tool allows you to insert a promotional banner with an image and text to your group. This banner will be displayed in the right hand side of your group page.
- Invite members to join your group – this allows you to invite your IWA Connect contacts to your group.
- Create a subgroup – this tool allows you to create a subgroup.
- View statistics – thanks to this tool you can gather some statistic about your group such as total views, likes and comments.
Please remember that only group administrators have the rights to manage the above-mentioned settings options.